Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lucky Man

From May 13, 2007:

Well its safe to say that today has not been that great of a day. the first one without my mom. let me tell you this holiday surrounds you everywhere you turn. Then i hear this song. lucky man by montgomery gentry. i dont think there could be a more perfect song for me in this stage of my life. It is so extremely difficult to work everyday in the barn where my mom was killed and to be around everything where she used to be is unexplainable. When i think life is completely unbearable help comes from the best of friends. is it wrong for me to avoid my own family? one my best friends in the world called me up this mornin and asked if i wanted to go over to her aunts house to eat with her and her family today. i dont think it could have come at a better time. I am soo thankful for you and your whole family rachel. you couldnt ask for better friends in you neil, and your mom. i listen to montgomery gentrys song and i really do realize that i am a lucky man. i may have lost my best friend in the world, but i am left with so much that will help me make it through.the next year is still going to carry so many hard days with it, but i can always rely on my true friends. thank God for all i have and all of my friends especially rachel and lauren who help me get through so many hard times. thanks for being there for me.



"i know i am a lucky man, God's given me a pretty fair hand, got a house and a piece of land, a few dollars in a coffee can. my ole trucks still runin good, my tickers tickin like they say it should, i got supper in the oven, a good womans lovin, even my bad days aint that bad, lord knows i'm a lucky man."

"got some friends that would be here fast, i could call em anytime of day"

No comments:

Post a Comment